Thursday, March 10, 2011

PE1_The Wonders of iMovie on Lynda (Part 1)


One of my week 2 assignments in my ETC class was to watch the iMovie tutorials on Lynda. I remember taking a look at this wonderful website in month 2 when I received the email on my FSO account; however, I admit not going back to it to take advantage of all its didactic videos. What came to my mind after watching a couple of segments was "Why didn't I do this before?", "It would have saved me so much time and frustration when I was creating the videos for my month 3 class". It's true, I admit it, I had a hard time creating those videos, but I'm glad  I can still do things differently and better after finishing these tutorials.


Lynda divides the content of its tutorials in different topics and subtopics to help you select what you may find relevant to your learning. Each of these subtopics features short video segments, which, by the way are very illustrative and educational. The one that captured my attention was on how to import videos from a tape-based camera. I have one of these devices, but found it very difficult and time-consuming to import videos to my computer, so I used to watch these videos connecting the camera directly to my television.


The problem with that was that in order for me to skip what I didn't want to see, I had to forward the video, calculating in my head when to hit play again. Now I know how easy it is to import my videos to my computer and with the help of iMovie I can delete, edit and embellish what I want. I also know that I have a lot of work to do regarding all those tapes that have been sitting in my closet for a long time and that  have captured some of the best moments in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment